In case you missed out on last week’s cutoff race for the round of 12 in the cup series, here’s a quick recap of where they stand on points after the first elimination race:
Stenhouse and the 17 crew used pit strategy to earn some stage points at Dover, which helped him edge out Newman and Dillon for the 12th spot in the second round. Thanks to inconsistency (and in Kurt Busch’s case, an untimely wreck at New Hampshire) Kurt and Kasey Kahne were also eliminated.
Not much has changed at the top; it’s still the Martin, Kyle, and Kyle show. The Kyles just swapped positions from the last round. The second round races will be at Charlotte, Talladega, and Kansas in that order. Here’s how they stack up heading into this weekend:
1. Martin Truex Jr.: 3,059 points
2. Kyle Busch: 3,041 points
3. Kyle Larson: 3,034 points
4. Brad Keselowski: 3,020 points
5. Jimmie Johnson: 3,017 points
6. Kevin Harvick: 3,015 points
7. Denny Hamlin: 3,013 points
8. Ricky Stenhouse Jr.: 3,010 points
9. Ryan Blaney: 3,008 points
10. Chase Elliott: 3,006 points
11. Matt Kenseth: 3,005 points
12. Jamie McMurray: 3,003 points
The race coverage is scheduled to start at 1:00 Sunday afternoon on NBC.