How to Get the Perfect March Madness Bracket
Today’s the day! The men’s NCAA tournament kicks off today in Indiana. The number one seeded team this year is Gonzaga, followed by Baylor, Illinois, and Michigan. These teams along with Alabama, Texas, Ohio State, and Iowa are the top picks to win this year’s National Championship. But, this year’s tournament looks a lot different than those of the past. For one, the whole tournament will be played in Indiana, rather than having teams travel, to avoid a possible COVID outbreak. According to Forbes, the odds of having a perfect bracket this year are 1 in 9.2 quintillion!
Here are some tips from Forbes to help inch you toward that perfect bracket:
- Think about taking underdogs against the spread.
- Shooting percentage and shooting percentage allowed are the key stats to consider.
- Be wary of putting too much emphasis on #5 vs #12.
- Don’t pound chalk on the money line.
- Name teams usually step it up in the NCAA Tournament.
- Teams are top-seeded for a reason.
For more tips from Forbes about how to get the perfect bracket for this year’s March Madness, check out the full story here.