Luke Bryan won Entertainer of the Year during Sunday night’s (April 18th) ACM Awards. Maren Morris won Female Artist of the Year, as well as Song of the Year for “The Bones.” Thomas Rhett took home the top Male Artist award, Dan + Shay won Duo of the Year, and Chris Stapleton picked up Album of the Year.
There were several on-stage highlights, including Carrie Underwood singing a medley from her gospel album. She was joined by gospel legend, CeCe Winans. Maren Morris and husband, Ryan Hurd delivered a sexy performance of their single, “Chasing After You.” It ended with a sultry kiss. And Little Big Town performed with a marching band in the middle of Broadway without member Phillip Sweet. He had tested positive for Covid, but introduced them in a pre-recorded message from home.
Performances were shot from several venues throughout Nashville — the Grand Ole Opry, the Ryman Auditorium and the Bluebird Cafe — with hosts Keith Urban and Mickey Guyton handling their duties from the Grand Ole Opry House. The two started the show with a fist bump and remained socially distanced. Mickey made history as the first Black artist to ever host the event.
- Entertainer of the Year: Luke Bryan
- Female Artist of the Year: Maren Morris
- Male Artist of the Year: Thomas Rhett
- Single of the Year: “I Hope You’re Happy Now” by Carly Pearce and Lee Brice. Producer: Busbee
- Album of the Year: Chris Stapleton, “Starting Over”
- Song of the Year: “The Bones” written by Maren Morris, Jimmy Robbins, and Laura Veltz
- New Female Vocalist of the Year: Gabby Barrett
- New Male Vocalist of the Year: Jimmie Allen
- Duo of the Year: Dan + Shay
- Group of the Year: Old Dominion
- Video of the Year: Kane Brown “Worldwide Beautiful”
- Music Event of the Year: Carly Pearce and Lee Brice “I Hope You’re Happy Now” .